Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Probably because I was born in Australia and know no different. I am a little naive when it comes to imagining what it must be like for somebody who is living in fear.So much fear that they feel the only way forward is to escape. I have a mate Nicholai from Romania .His life was so bad that he took his clothes off wrapping them under one arm and swam in freezing waters across the Danube river under machine gun fire from the Communist regime. Nick made it to safety. many of his friends people he grew up with did not.
Now I do not know all the facts in relation to what took place in this instance. On face value here is what I know. Two 16 year old that are asylum seekers were whisked off unceremoniously by immigration officials to a detention center in the Adelaide Hills. Then from there transported to Darwin where They are still being held at a facility in Wickham Point.
16 year old boys. When I think back to when I was 16 ,I didn't know much I certainly wasn't ready to leave the nest. These guys no doubt have never known a life like ours. The behavior of immigration officials caused a panic in the area . 11 other kids with similar backgrounds fled what comfort they had known here. Comfort they were probably experiencing for the first time in their short lives. 
I don't know what the future holds for these boys. I hope as an Australian they are given the chance at a decent life in the community that obviously cares for them. I know this because they are petitioning for the boys return on Change .org.  The Minister for Immigration should look hard at this case. Because its the right thing to do. If he doesn't the World is watching.  Please sign the petition they don't need to many more.
Scott Morrison has a lot of eyes watching not just this case. They are also watching what is happening with the boats but that's a story for another day.